Saturday, May 26, 2007

Recovering

Its been just over 2 weeks since my surgery and I'm doing fairly well. Also I was discharged from the hospital one week ago today. Its so nice to be home!

I had my first outing since my surgery yesterday. I managed a trip to the chiropractor's office (those OR tables really mess you up) and mom and I went to Target too. I walk like I'm 80 years old so its a bit of a struggle getting around but it was nice to go outside and breathe some fresh air.

I'm still in quite a bit of pain and struggle with simple things like sitting down and getting up. Every day I am getting better and stronger though so I'm fairly happy with my progress. Eating is still a bit of a problem. All my food has to go through the catheter in my stomach which means it has to be chewed excessively. Anything that is thickening doesn't make it through the tube very well. I have to drink a lot of water and grape juice (helps thin stuff out) and I've never been the biggest fan of grape juice. Maybe I'll have to try some cran-grape. I still don't have very much of an appetite yet and nothing really appeals to me. These things just take time I think but my mom is concerned that I'm losing too much weight, I guess I'll have to up my pudding consumption!

No comments: