Monday, February 7, 2011

My 6 month scope coming up

Well, I'm just 9 days away from my 6 month -pouch scope.
And I'm nervous. I always am, and as many times as I've had it done I shouldn't be but...
It hurts. A lot.
And I could have sedation but that would involve starting and IV which is also horrible since all my veins are blown. And for a 10 minute procedure it just seems like overkill. And of course if I'm sedated I have to have a driver which means somebody has to miss work (my husband). Then I feel hung-over and loopy the rest of the day. All to avoid 5 minutes of pain - only 5 mins or so because it doesn't hurt the entire time. Just when my pouch starts to be full of air from the stupid scope.
Not really worth it.
I'm not nervous about the biopsy, or even if my pouch is clean because I don't really believe I have Crohn's disease.. but thats a whole 'nother story.
Anyways. Its not for a week but I'm thinking about it off and on every day now and I just feel better if I can tell someone.
I'm nervous. I hate it. And, I wish I didn't have to go.

No comments: